A plan submittal is usually not necessary when applying for a permit for a sewer repair, a sewer replacement or building additions with less than 100 feet of new lateral sewer line to be installed, unless requested by USD's Engineer.
Upon payment of all fees and evidence of a city building permit, a sewer permit may be issued to the party contracted to do the underground construction.
After obtaining a permit, call 24 hours before beginning sewer construction to schedule an inspection.
Permit Fees and Deposit:
|- Property Line to Building||$150.00|
|- Main to Property Line (unless previously existing/inspected)||$150.00|
|Deposit (refundable after acceptance)||$500.00|
|Total Fees and Deposit:||$850.00|
If an addition involves an Accessory Dwelling Unit, a capacity fee may also be due. See Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs)
Pipe bursting is an acceptable method of sewer pipe replacement: Read our Homeowner Information Brochure.
In addition to the permit application, the following must be submitted:
- A video of the existing sewer lateral must be presented and found acceptable by the permit counter staff for pipe bursting (Generally this means no sags in the area to be pipe burst)
- Pipe Bursting Approval Form must be signed by the owner of the property
All contractors wishing to obtain sewer construction permits for work in the Union Sanitary District must present evidence of current California Contractors license, Workers Compensation insurance, and General Liability Insurance with Union Sanitary District as an additional insured.
If your browser does not allow you to fill out these forms, follow these instructions:
1. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader and install on your computer
2. Download the desired USD PDF form and save to your computer
3. Open the USD PDF form using Acrobat Reader
4. Complete form and save to your computer
5. Sign your form in one of these ways:
a. Use the Adobe Acrobat Reader “Fill and Sign” tool to type in your signature, or
b. Print out the form, manually sign, scan, and save to your computer
6. Attach to an email and send to [email protected]